An Inconvenient Truth

After Sarah Graves was born I was blessed with a really fast metabolism that allowed me to eat tons. I mentioned it to my midwife and she said that it usually returns to normal after several months. I took full advantage of this side effect, but have to report that my free pass to eat all I want is used up. It's really a pity because I so enjoyed the cheeseburgers, cheese on everything (cheese has calcium, you know), large plates of pasta, and the sweets. Oh the sweets are my favorite. I love cakes and cookies. Blueberry pie was my new summer love, but it can't last.
Aaron and I are making the return to healthier eating. Our shopping cart at the grocery didn't have any cookies or ice-cream in it. I still have a few Christmas cookies left, but those will soon be gone.
I seem to remember that I used to eat healthy, low fat meals and enjoyed them, but I just don't remember what exactly they were. I may have to pull out my Weight Watchers cookbook and get reacquainted with portion control. Hello New Year!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable