Happy New Year!

Last year on New Year's day Jeanne' and I painted my very pregnant belly.  This year, well this year, my baby is almost a toddler and I can't believe how much has changed. 
We had a great day hanging out at my parents' house. 
We read lots of books.  Maw Maw was reading this one to her. 

We ate our traditional New Year's fare.  In case you aren't familiar with the tradition, we eat black eyed peas for luck and cabbage for money in the new year.  If you notice, I have taken some of these, but I don't really like either one, so my plate is filled with the pork roast and rice and gravy that I love.  I love rice and gravy and always have.  Eating it reminds me of being a kid.
Sarah Graves decided that she loves black eyed peas.  She ate those and rice and gravy and constantly signed for more, even though I know she was stuffed!  She is definitely going to be lucky this year! 

My cousin Ryan is visiting and his birthday is in just a few days, so we had a little party to celebrate with him.  Ryan is really in to Spider Man, so I baked some cupcakes and used Spider Man cupcake papers and put Spider Man cake toppers on them. 
Mom wrapped his present in Spider Man paper.
He really liked the Spider Man car that Aaron found for him.  Aaron is way better at finding the cool boy gifts than I am.

He was a happy boy playing with his new truck and his new car. 

His truck holds more cars.  What's not to love?

We have had such wonderful holidays. They just couldn't have been any better.  We're lucky, even if I don't eat many of the peas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!