Weekend Catch Up

We had a really nice weekend. Saturday night Aaron and I got dressed up and went out for a fancy dinner at Chops, a steakhouse in Buckhead. This is not the type of restaurant that we normally go to even on a Saturday night, but we had a gift card. How did we come to have this gift card? Well, back in May my co-worker and his wife had tickets to a concert, but their nanny was not available to keep their baby. Knowing that I had nannied previously, they asked if I might be willing to babysit. Aaron and I knew that we wanted to have a baby (didn't know how soon that would become a reality :) ), so we thought it would be fun to get some hands-on practice. This was not your typical babysitting gig because first they cooked us a lovely dinner while we got acquainted with their cute as a button little boy. He was almost a year at the time and wasn't bothered when they left for the evening, a joy for any babysitter! We played with him for a few hours and Aaron got a crash course in what a baby his age could do and the things he wanted to do, but couldn't. He is the cutest kid and is really smart and happy go lucky. A combination that I hope we're fortunate enough to have in sweet pea. Then, it was time for the parents to come home and they thanked us by giving us a gift card to use at any of this really nice group of restaurants. This was much too generous of them, but very appreciated.

So why did we wait until Saturday night to enjoy our dining experience? Well, Aaron was anxious to use it before, but soon after that my appetite went away and I preferred foods more appealing to a 5 year old (i.e., grilled cheese, chicken soup, cereal). I didn't want to waste a dinner at a nice restaurant hoping that I could keep it down. So, we waited until my appetite was back and my food aversions were at bay. It was well worth the wait. We had an appetizer of their signature fried lobster tail and it was absolute heaven. We ordered the appetizer for two, but later agreed that with sweet pea there we should have ordered more. :) We had fabulous steaks, I had a heavenly white cheddar mac'n cheese, and we topped it off with a dessert for each of us. Aaron had the white chocolate banana cream pie (he said it was wonderful) and I had my favorite, creme brulee. Such a lovely meal and a real treat to get dressed up for a fancy dinner!

Sunday evening was a lot of fun too. We met my Mom and her long time friend for a bite to eat, then headed to the Kicks Country Jam, a concert put on by the country radio station. I got the tickets at work, so we didn't have to pay a lot and there were several acts. The two big names that played were Craig Morgan and Big and Rich. The weather could not have been nicer for sitting at an outdoor event, our seats were really good, and I think everyone enjoyed being able to visit a bit. The concert lasted for almost 5 hours with a break between each act! We were almost 1 o'clock going to bed, but it was a fun event. I know that once sweet pea comes we will be staying home a lot more, so I am trying to enjoy being able to pick up and go with ease. Aaron and I enjoy being at home, so I don't think that we will be bothered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable