Saturday Stroll

Lucy has been a bit bored lately because it is too hot for her to go out for walks. She's a trooper and will go until she is so overheated that she can't catch her breath and I feel awful for her. So, we just don't take her out much during the hot summer weather. I heard on the news on Friday that we would have rain and that would bring some drier, cooler air. So, Friday night I promised Lucy that Saturday I would take her out. You would think that this has no meaning for her, but her ears did perk a little.


Saturday morning I woke up insanely early at like 6 o'clock. I tried to go back to sleep by by a quarter to 7 I gave it up and got dressed to take Lucy on a walk. Lucy is not a morning dog and sometimes doesn't even get moving for a good 15 minutes after I wake her in the morning, but when I woke her up and told her we were going for a walk, she was bursting up the stairs from her room in the basement. I love it when she gets all excited!


I got her hooked up in her pinch collar and leash. She pulls too hard for me to enjoy walking her without the pinch and after our private training sessions, I have adjusted my expectations and just use it. Here's a photo of her all ready to roll.




When we got outside it was starting to drizzle and the cooler air that I had hoped for had not made its way to us. Fearing that the rain would keep us from having much of a walk, I let Lucy run the two cul-de-sacs in our neighborhood, which she loves! Her ears go back and she hunches down and runs with all she has. I am sure it was like an earthquake in there for sweet pea, as I haven't been running with Lucy much other than a few games of chase around the house. The drizzle stopped and we took a longer walk through the rest of the neighborhood. It was still humid, but it was so early and the sun wasn't out, so Lucy did fine.

When we came back, this was Lucy's stance for several hours. I love the way that her back legs and her front legs are stretched all the way. Maximum belly surface on the cool floor that way!



Lucy was quite dismayed several hours later to realize that her bed was being washed. She does have a difficult life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!