Sleep

I spent about 6 or 8 weeks in the first trimester dead tired and unable to sleep through the night. I would do all I could to stay awake until 9 p.m., go to bed, and wake up some time between 2 and 3 in the morning. I would either lay there for about an hour or 2 trying to go back to sleep, or get up and do something. Then of course, the alarm goes off at 5:30 not long after I had fallen back asleep.
I was delighted to find that the problem completely went away in the second trimester and I sleep mostly through the night. I say mostly because there are still several trips to the bathroom, but at least I go right back to sleep. Now the problem appears to be how to sleep. Sweet pea's bump makes it uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach and Aaron tells me that if I lay on my back it can cut off blood flow to sweet pea, so that leaves sleeping on my side. I usually avoid sleeping on my side because it makes my neck, shoulders, and collar bone do strange things. This morning I am remembering just how uncomfortable it can feel.
It seems funny to me that everyone talks about the lack of sleep you get once baby arrives, but what about all the missed sleep in the process of getting baby here?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable