Sharing the Experience

I have a cousin, Lynsey, on my Dad's side who is pregnant with her first baby and due just 2 weeks before me. She gave me a call the other day and we had a fun time talking about being pregnant and comparing the experience. It was a lot of fun to talk about the changes that we are both experiencing physically and the anticipation. I feel very fortunate to know someone who is going through similar things at about the same time I am. Most women are fortunate to have someone they know who has been pregnant recently. but I think it is neat to know someone else who is questioning whether that little bit of pressure might have been the first time you can feel baby moving in there.

Because our due dates are so close to one another, my aunts have offered to host a baby shower for the two of us together. I think it will be a lot of fun to gather with our family and friends from our individual lives.

My one wish is that we lived closer together so that our children could grow up really knowing one another. I was close to my cousins and we weren't nearly as close in age as these two babies will be.

Comments

Nikki said…
Oh Natalie this post made me cry. I miss you so very much and the though that is now making me laugh is the two of us singing for safety pops at the bank window. Boy do I miss you!! Love you tons!!

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable