I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant

With our favorite TV shows like Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives on break, we started recording shows about pregnancy. Some of them scared us because they seem to show every possible thing that can go wrong, so we quit watching those. Others seem to give a bit of reality, but in a more normal way, like Bringing Home Baby.
While watching this program we have continually seen the commercials for the new show, I Didn't Know I was Pregnant. A few nights ago I asked Aaron to record some so that we could see what the deal is with these people and we watched an episode last night. I have to say it is quite interesting how these people did not have glaring symptoms. The 2 people on the episode that we saw both never felt the baby moving and their abdomen did not really increase in size. They both had some symptoms associated with pregnancy and some weight gain, but the symptoms were heartburn and mood swings that can be explained away by other things. One lady was using a method of birth control that is implanted and lasts for 5 years. She just happened to be that 1% that may still get pregnant while using it. Both women delivered their babies a few weeks early, but they were healthy even though there was no prenatal care and the women didn't take those all important, magical prenatal vitamins (the same one that can still make me lose my breakfast because it hurts my stomach).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!