New Camera

One of the things that I really wanted before sweet pea arrives is a new camera. Our point and shoot was just too slow. I have tried hard to capture good pictures of Lucy and really struggle because the reset time is so long that she has moved off and is no longer doing the cute thing I wanted to capture. I anticipate that sweet pea will be no more patient to pose for pictures. So, I wanted a digital SLR camera that can take pictures much more quickly.
A co-worker loaned me an issue of Consumer Reports that covered SLRs and I looked around online and paid attention to the type of camera that some of my favorite bloggers are using. Everything pointed to the Nikon. We decided to go to Wolf Camera to hopefully find a knowledgeable salesperson who might have an opinion as well. We found a really great salesperson who enjoys photography and was happy to impart his knowledge and opinion. His co-worker was also very experienced and happy to share. Their suggestion was the Nikon D-5000. We have seen this camera at Costco and were surprised to realize that Wolf Camera was offering a special that made it a better buy than what we saw at Costco.
We are now outfitted with 2 lenses, 2 filters, a bag, and a memory card that will hold about 2,000 pictures or a few short movies. We also bought a service plan that will cover the camera for damage in case one of us or sweet pea should drop it or break it. One of the cool features that I really liked about this camera is that the LCD screen can flip out and you can actually pull it down so that you can view yourself for a self-portrait. There are also some neat editing type features that come on the camera.
The only thing that the camera did not come with is photography skills for me. I love the idea of taking beautiful pictures, but don't have a lot of knowledge. Buying the camera at Wolf did come with photography classes, so hopefully we can sign up for some and start taking more of the pictures that I have been envisioning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable