Letter Month Nine

Dear Sarah Graves,
You are nine months old now and you are getting to be such a big girl.  You are moving so quick now.  You can crawl very fast, even when you have on a dress.  You can pull up on everything, you can jump while holding on to furniture, you look like you're running as you move back and forth along the sofa, and you can let go and stay standing for a few seconds.  It has been so amazing to watch you perfect these skills.  You love to crawl under things.  I think it makes you feel cozy to get under a chair or table.  I look forward to showing you how to build forts in the living room and making it your playhouse.  You scare me to death by trying to climb on things.  Any surface that is off the ground is fair game for you to climb on, whether it will support your weight or not.  You are just like a little monkey!  Lovie says that you get the climbing from me and that I scared her all the time too.  I have to say that you fall down frequently, but more often than not you quickly get moving again.  

We waited so long for you to get a tooth and now you have five at various stages of coming through.  Your two bottom teeth are now visible when you smile.  So sweet to see those pretty white teeth peaking out!  You have hardly fussed about teething.  You have continued to eat and sleep and have had only a few times where I think you are grumpy because your teeth hurt.   
You really enjoy eating.  You eat three meals each day and are very eager for your food.  I have started giving you more finger foods.  You are proficient at picking up the Cheerios and get most of them in your mouth.  I have been giving you little bits of scrambled egg, chicken, cheese, and banana to try as well.  You don't put them in your mouth that much, but you eat them right up when I put them in for you.  We continue to look for new fruits and veggies for you to try and you like most of them.  Eggplant has been a surprise favorite and it looks like beets are not pleasing to you.  We'll try them some more before we give up on them completely. 
You have so much fun being on the floor playing.  You will amuse yourself looking at books and going from one toy to the next.  You have several toys that play music and you enjoy rocking and dancing when you hear the songs.  I try to sing along with them and you seem amazed that there are words to the songs.  From birth you have loved to feel and lick fabrics and you still love to touch different things.  You have several touch and feel books and you will go from page to page running your hand over each.  You have developed a fondness for sleeping with a soft blanket next to you.  Sometimes you lay the blanket down and put your face on it and other times you tuck it under your arm and lay on your side with it.  It is so sweet to lay you down and watch you get yourself settled and comfy.  The other night I came back to your room to find that you had turned on your aquarium in your crib and were laying on your side watching Goldie as if it was a TV in your crib.  You do so many cute things!  Your curiosity and interest in everything is very sweet. 
Books are probably your very favorite toy at the moment.  You have started picking up a book and giving it to someone to read to you and enjoy hearing the same book several times.  You aren't speaking yet, but you are able to get your point across.  You do a grunt when you want something and it gets the message through loud and clear.  There are so many wonderful things about you that I could just go on and on.  I am so proud of the little person that you are and I cherish every moment with you.  Making you laugh lights up my world.  I just can't imagine my life without you in it.  My world revolves around you and I can't see having it any other way. 

Love,
Momma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable