My Friend's Wedding

Friday kicked off my friend Sarah's wedding weekend.  We had a delicious lunch at Swan Coach House.  After the rehearsal at the Botanical Gardens we went to Carpe Diem for the rehearsal dinner.  The dinner was absolutely delicious.  I am still thinking about the calamari, pork confit, and white chocolate, amaretto cheesecake.  It was simply sinful.  I had my first glass of wine in over year and remembeed how very amusing everyone can be with a wee bit of wine.  Sarah's brother's gave a toast to their big sister that was so sweet and heartfelt that I was a little teary eyed.  
Saturday we all went to Studio Oliver to have our hair done.  It's a small salon, so we were all made over and made to feel very special.  After we felt glamorous with updos, it was time for the bridesmaids to get dressed.  Sarah was extremely disappointed that the bad weather changed her plan for an outdoor ceremony in the garden to an indoor one.  The crew did a fabulous job setting everything up and the windows looking out on the garden still made for a pretty backdrop. 
I watched her Mom trying so hard to make everything wonderful for Sarah and I realized that no matter how old Sarah Graves is, she will always be my baby and I will always want to make her happy.  I also realize now how hard it has to be for parents to let their child grow up and give their heart to someone else; no matter how great that other person is.  
The ceremony went smoothly even with all the last minute adjustments due to the weather.  We had more delicious food at the reception and had so much fun dancing.  Aaron and I haven't been to events where we get to dance together too much lately and we really enjoyed ourselves.  The band played a good variety and the guests were all having a good time.  By the end of the night we were worn out. 
The weekend proved to be an adventure in pumping and gave me a chance to pump in restrooms all over town.  Sarah was super understanding about my need to slip away for a while every few hours and pack a breast pump with me everywhere! 
 
Sarah and Pradeep, the bride and groom
the bridesmaids
me and Ms. Marty, Sarah's Mom
She was so sweet and looked out for me all weekend like I was one of her own.. 

Comments

Libby said…
You look so pretty! I'm sure it felt a little strange to have an adults only weekend again!
Natalie said…
Libby, it was a little like being without one of my arms! I forgot what it was like to eat a full meal without entertaining someone!
Alexis said…
I like those dresses-you looked great, Gnat! No one would ever guess that you haven't slept for over half a year....

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!