InTown Midwifery Celebration

Sunday afternoon we went to Piedmont Park to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the opening of InTown Midwifery.  I am a huge fan of the work that these ladies do and was so excited to be able to celebrate as one of the families that delivered with them. 
It was a warm day, but the humidity wasn't as bad as it had been, which made it pleasant to be outside.  There was food, one person wrote a song in honor of their work, there was a silent auction, and a group photo.  The dessert selection was just amazing!  Clearly these people know that nursing moms can enjoy some extra calories and what a yummy way to take advantage of that!  There were some neat baby things in the auction, including some awesome wet bags for the diaper bag, but I didn't win them.  Maybe I will go online and order some.  Sarah Graves was checking out all the other babies.  It was so noisy with the other babies that we didn't have to worry about keeping her quiet!
After the birth it was so chaotic that we never took a picture with Sarah Graves and the midwife who in Anjli's words "caught" her.  I would describe it more that she tugged and pried her out of my body, but that's just semantics.  Anyway, Sunday was an opportunity to get a picture of all of us with Anjli who I will always be so grateful was there with me when my sweet girl came into the world.   
I just liked this shot showing the pretty day and the skyline.

We hope that InTown Midwifery continues to bring their very special way of caring for women and supportive approach to birth for many more years to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!