Dreaming of Hotdogs

Over the weekend Aaron and I were looking for something to eat for dinner and he pointed out that we have hotdogs in the freezer. We didn't have any bread and in my mind a hotdog needs some semblance of a bun in order to be enjoyable. We moved on and found something else, but I kept thinking about wanting to eat a hotdog.


The other day I was looking at the menu for the restaurant we are going to for my friend Sarah's bridal luncheon on Friday and while I was looking I kept thinking about hotdogs. The place we are going for lunch is the Swan Coach House in Buckhead. I have never been there, but it is steeped in tradition as the place where ladies go to do lunch. Needless to say, it's the kind of place that doesn't serve anything like a hotdog. I perused their menu checking out the fruit plate and their signature chicken salad, all the while thinking about wanting a hotdog.  I sat there thinking, I can't go to this elegant luncheon drooling for a hotdog!
 
So, I decided to go downstairs to our cafeteria and get a hotdog from the grill.  I walked in and I was greeted by none other than my guy who I posted about here calling out, "Lady!" to me.  When I saw him, I was so excited that without thinking I ordered my favorite chicken sandwich that he makes so well.  He made it perfectly and I was so excited that he came back to the grill.  I thoroughly enjoyed my moist and flavorful sandwich, but I was still thinking of a hotdog. 
 
Yesterday I went back to the grill and I ordered the hotdog.  My guy looked stunned when I didn't ask for the chicken sandwich.  It was that look like I thought I knew you and now you have changed on me.  I have never ordered a hotdog before and I have to say that it was quite tasty.  I think in the future I will stick with my trusty chicken sandwich, but the hotdog was just what I was craving. 
 
Now, I can happily go to the luncheon and order something much more elegant and befitting of a ladies luncheon like fresh fruit and spring greens. 

Comments

Nikki said…
OH Natalie -- John and I had hotdogs last week for dinner. He did them up right -- grilled them on the George, toasted the buns in the toaster oven, used the horseraddish mustard and smoaking hot chili.I do not eat cheese on mine but he gratted some for himself. I made the dip for the chips. All we needed was a ball park we were set!! I love hotdog night! Plus it is cheap!
Libby said…
so funny! I craved hot dogs the whole time I was pregnant, but Mick refused to let me have any processed meat :).

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable