Baby Food

I found a great website for making your own baby food, http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/.  The site offers nutritional information and what age is appropriate to introduce certain foods, and provides recipes for making your foods.  I like the fact that I can search by ingredient and find recipes for different ages.  I found this recipe today for making blueberry puree.  I also found good information on peaches, which one to offer her this week?
Ingredients
1/2 pint of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 c. water

 Directions
Bring water to a boil. Add blueberries and simmer for 15 minutes until soft.
Reserve liquid and use a slotted spoon to transfer blueberries to blender/processor/mixer and puree.
If needed, add some of the liquid to blueberries.
Add cereal (if desired) to thicken up - *You can save the liquid to serve as juice or to blend in with cereals etc..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable