Check-Up

Today Sarah Graves had her 6 month check-up.  She weighed in at 18 pounds and 13 ounces (57th percentile) and is 27 inches tall (64th percentile).  In case you are keeping up, she weighs 7 ounces more than she did a month ago and her height has not changed.  I asked the pediatrician about her height not changing and he has a theory that her measurement last month was incorrect.  Her growth curve shows a big spike for last month and he thinks it would be very unusual for her to have spiked that much.  That sounds believable to me because she is wiggling all over the place. 
She is hitting all the milestones for her age like babbling, passing objects from one hand to the other, rolling over, able to stay sitting when placed that way, and she interacts socially by smiling and laughing. 
I talked to the pediatrician about how much we should be feeding her and he said feeding her solids twice a day is a good amount.  I wasn't sure since What to Expect makes it sound like she needs 3 meals plus snacks each day and that she should be ready to wean.  The pediatrician said we are still just practicing and getting used to tastes and textures.  I like the sound of that because I am not ready for her to wean yet!

Comments

Libby said…
She is just beautiful! I'm glad to see that she's doing so well. It makes me a little sad to think of the day when Emily won't be drinking the milk I can make for her :(. It's a good feeling to know you can make the perfect meal for her!

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable