Multitasking

When I started back to work I set up standing appointments on my Outlook calendar so that I would have set times to go and pump.  Yesterday just before my "appointment" a co-worker came by and asked me to review a report and look for an explanation for some of the findings.  I grabbed the report and went to my pumping place and I had exactly 30 minutes before a meeting.  Of course, both spots were being used, but I remembered someone mentioning another room in a different building.  I head over there and realize that I have no idea where this room might be and am embarrassed to stop any of the men I see passing and ask if they know where the lactation room is!  So, I remember that there is a unique one person bathroom (as opposed to the multi-stall ones found everywhere else) in that building and decide to head there.  At this point, I have used a lot of time running around and I need to get this done before I head into a meeting.  So, I find myself in this bathroom trying to set up my pump without touching anything else because it is a bathroom after all and then stand there balancing the pump on the edge of the sink while I highlight interesting things in this report I am reviewing.  And the books suggest that you set yourself up to pump in a relaxing place maybe with a cup of tea!  Ha!

Comments

Libby said…
This post is hilarious! Emily is still having trouble latching on, so I'm pumping constantly so we don't have to use any formula. Of course, she always starts to cry about 5 minutes after I start to pump. The other night around midnight, I had fed her and put her down to sleep, and in a few minutes found myself getting peed on while changing a diaper--and I never stopped pumping :)!

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!