The First Day Back

My first day back at work went better than I expected!  My big fear was that people would ask about the baby and I would go to crying.  This isn't that far fetched of a concern given how emotional I have been the last couple of weeks anticipating having to leave her.  My fear was unfounded and I enjoyed talking to everyone about my sweet girl.  I brought a digital picture frame loaded with pictures of her so that I could look at her and show her off to co-workers.  It was a pleasure to look over and see that sweet face. 
I am in tight with Sarah Graves' nanny :), so I called to check on her a few times.  If I could keep them on speaker phone all day, I would, but I'm thinking that would get tiresome for them!  I was delighted to hear that she was doing well and had a great day with Mom.  It seems the only part that she doesn't like is taking a bottle.  It seems that it's just not the same when it's not coming directly from Momma!
Today was my first day to really pump, a task that I find quite tedious.. I am really lucky that there is a lactation room setup to make it comfortable and convenient to continue breastfeeding once you are back at work.  In talking with co-workers I have figured out that I am a bit more crunchy than many of the women I work with (natural childbirth, cloth diapers, etc.), so I was surprised to realize that so many women go in there to pump.  I sort of felt like a smoker with a smoke break because that's how it is with pumping; you go downstairs, run into a fellow mom, exchange a little information about your baby, do your pumping, and get back to your desk.  Who knows, maybe I will meet some new mommy friends at work! 
I think she missed her time to nurse.  When I got home I gave her a chance and she just melted into me with her eyes closed and stayed there for quite some time.  I think it is such a relaxing thing for her and I am happy for her to continue it!

Comments

Nikki said…
What a blessing that your work place is so advanced!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!