Letter Month Three

Dear Sarah Graves,
In the past month you have changed and grown so much!  A big change for you has been that you will smile when I smile at you.  You will never know how much it delights me to walk to your crib to pick you up and you break out in a big grin.  That smile melts mine and Daddy's heart.
We celebrated your baptism at Easter in Baton Rouge.  Your family was there to celebrate with us and we had a wonderful time being with everyone.  You wore your gorgeous dress made by GG and had several pieces of special jewelry to wear that day.  The cermony was done just for you and felt so personal.  You seemed to really like Father Tim and didn't even cry when the water was poured on your head.  You were so happy during the ceremony, and afterward you enjoyed everyone holding you and talking to you at your party.  Aunt Lexie was there to officially become your godmother. 
The next day we celebrated Easter at Trinity and Aunt Lexie was there and proudly you showed you off.  You did look quite adorable in your Easter dress and bonnet that Mom made you.  We spent the day with family and again you seemed to enjoy everyone talking to you.   
After your baptism you began to change your sleep pattern.  You are now going to sleep earlier at night and seem to enjoy our bedtime routine. On nice evenings we go for a walk with Lucy; we come home and put you in the tub, which you love; rub you down with lotion so that you smell heavenly; then I nurse you while Daddy reads to you. After all that you are usually nodding off and go right to sleep around 8 o'clock. You will also enjoy a long afternoon nap if you can sleep in your crib with your swaddle me and paci.
You are getting so big that you can now enjoy being in your bumbo chair and your jumperoo.  You are batting your hands at the toys and watching the ones that light up and play music.  You get so excited and start to move your arms and legs.  It is just adorable! 
We went through some tough things this month, too.  You went for your first vaccine and I think it was more painful for me than for you.  Also, I went back to work this past week and that proved more difficult than I anticipated.  I love being with you and it was hard for me to give up being with you all day.  It's been even harder because you don't like to take the bottle, so I feel bad that you can't have what you really want.  The good part is that you are well taken care of and loved by Mom, and you are very happy to see me when Daddy brings you home.  I look forward to spending my evenings with you, Lucy, and Daddy. 

You bring so much joy to your Daddy and me.  I just don't feel whole when I'm not with you.  I love you so much!
Love,
Momma

Comments

Nikki said…
Once again -- water works!!! These leters are just soooo sweet and wonderful. Thank you for letting us into your heart and for sharing this with us. Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable