Smartipants

I'm getting more granola everyday!  We have been using the cloth diapers, which happen to be called smartipants and it is going pretty well.  We haven't had any real issues with leaking even when we used them overnight.  I have also started using washcloths and this baby wipe solution instead of the store baby wipes.  I decided to try it because after using several types of baby wipes they all seemed a little dry to me.  One kind felt more like a dryer sheet than a moist towelette.  So, I looked online and found a recipe for making your own baby wipes or just the solution for them.  You can make your own baby wipes by using paper towels and saturating them with this solution.  I have been mixing up the solution and keeping it in a spray bottle on the changing table to spritz her bottom with and wipe it clean with the wash cloth.  I can spritz as many times as I need to to get the job done! 
The recipe for the solution is simple.  You boil 2 cups of water, add 2 T. of baby wash, 1 T of baby oil and stire it together.  I used lavender scented baby wash and baby oil so it has a nice scent.  She seems happy with it. 

Comments

Nikki said…
that is sooooo awesome!! My friend in NO, LA does the same thing!!

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable