Cloth Diapering

SG slept in this morning so I have had time to research about cloth diapering.  The Smartipants are working great, but my wash routine is leaving some stains.  Here is the routine that I have been using: soak diapers in water with borax until ready to wash; wash them using a prewash, hot wash cycle, and extra rinse with Charlie's soap; and place inserts in dryer and hang outers to dry.  The stains aren't bad, but I want them to stay white. 
I haven't been able to find an answer to that, but I did find a neat blog devoted to cloth diapering called All About Cloth Diapers.  She reviews products, answers questions, and gives a 101 on cloth diapers.  I wish I had come across this when Mom and I were trying to figure out the cloth diapering thing! 
She did mention that diaper rash cream can cause issues for your diapers. I use this on Sarah Graves regularly as we struggle to keep from having diaper rash.  Maybe that's the issue with the stains?
She didn't cover stains on Smartipants specifically, so I am going to call the company today, but they are in California and I will have to do it later when they open.

Comments

Nikki said…
girl - do you find the time and energy.....reading this blog some times makes me feel like a big slacker!!!! You continue to amaze me!! Take care!

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!