Pumping

I have been pumping some in the mornings for a while now.  Sometimes my purpose is to have some milk saved up in case I need a bottle and often it is for my own comfort.  Now that Sarah Graves sleeps more during the night, I often wake up feeling very full and want to take the pressure off so to speak. 
Because I knew I planned to continue breastfeeding after I return to work, I purchased a double electric pump to make the task easier while I am at work.  When I picked out the pump, I underestimated how boring it would be to sit and hold these two things in place while I pumped.  It feels a bit like being a human milk cow.  So, I wanted to check into these crazy apparatus that you can use to make your pump hands free.  I can't help but laugh when I look at these women in the pictures and read how great life can be when you can go about your daily tasks while still pumping.  You have to admire the creativity that goes into these products, that or the level of desperation that women have experienced before coming up with these contraptions!  Anyway, you can look at one of these exciting numbers here.  As I was looking at this, I came across another site with a method that only requires two ponytail holders.  You can check out this method by going to her site.  I wish I had the creativity to come up with these ideas!
I decided to try out this ponytail holder idea and it actually worked pretty well!  It was certainly easy to setup.  I'm not sure you could really move around a lot or pick up a baby while pumping like this, but it would let you flip through a magazine or talk on the phone.  Definitely better than just sitting there. 

Comments

Leslie said…
I had to do a lot of pumping (after I went back to work) and it didn't take me long AT ALL to know I needed something to hold those cups on for me. Now, I never got a portable pump, so I always had to sit, BUT my mom made me a bra that held it. We just bought a bra that was a teensie bit too small in the cup so it was snut, then cut holes just a bit smaller than my pump parts. Then you just put the part that goes on the nipple in through the holds, clip the bottle part on the other side, adn go for it. It at least freed my hands for talking on the phone or reading a magazine. (Not to mention my hands were starting to get REALLY sore in a circle, where I always held the pump in the same place. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable