New Book

I am really interested in natural childbirth and trying to learn as much as I can so that I am equipped to get through labor and delivery.  I started reading this book, Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, and have really enjoyed it so far.  Ina May is a well known midwife who runs a birthing center in Tennessee and has been delivering babies for over 30 years.  The reason that I picked her book is that there is a section at the front that includes real women's birth stories that they wrote.  They are pretty short, just a page or two, but they are so inspirational. Most of these women used natural childbirth and it is really empowering to read how they managed labor and so sweet to read about their first moments with their baby.  Everything that I have read has said that a big part of natural childbirth is believing that you are capable of it, so I think these stories will really help me have that confidence.

Comments

Nikki said…
Natalie, you have acomplished so much in your life already...if natural childbirth is something you really want to do then I have NO doubt in my mind that you will do it perfectly.

I have heard that is really is best for your baby. Plus, you have so many more options, you can stand up and move around. Way to go!!

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable