Small Steps

Sarah Graves' eating has continued to be a struggle. All of her safe foods are carbs, except for crispy bacon. She talks about trying chicken and bananas a lot and part of me believes she wants to, but she can't bring herself to taste either. I think it bothers her that she doesn't eat what everyone else eats, especially around her friends. I have resigned myself that her eating may not change, but recently there have been some glimmers of hope.
She handled steak while helping me cook! She dredged each piece in flour and did not seem bothered! She usually refuses to go near meat.


Then, yesterday she tried saffron rice! She didn't like it but she tried it and that was huge!
Today she tried fries from Chick Fil A and liked them! For ages she has only eaten fries from McDonald's, so it would be awesome if she could expand her restaurant choices! Awesome for her and us! She also tried a new kind of yogurt and liked it! 

For the first time in a long time I feel like there might be hope for when she gets older!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable