Grown Up

Yesterday I forgot all the parts that make my pump useful at home. I went home to get them and when I arrived I finally met the lady who has been cleaning for us for about 6 months. (having someone clean has been a huge help and has freed up my time in the evenings.) As I backed out of my driveway, I was struck by the realization that I am really grown up. I walk around often thinking that when I am a big girl I will wear really high heels, trendy clothing, enjoy an evening cocktail...the list goes on. Basically, I realized that I am already a big girl who has a job, a husband, a baby, and a house. Maybe I haven't chosen some of the other cool things I envisioned for my adult life, but I am a grown up and it is really good.

Comments

Tricia said…
. . . and I'm very proud of the grown up you've become!
Nikki said…
OMGoodness -- Natalie I think about this too.... Sometimes I look at my life and I think.....I am 35 and not 12, especially when I am flying to Canada to solve some crisis. I think I did pretty OK too for my life. Maybe I should have done other things but I think I did OK. It is funny when our mind remembers this. I too am so proud of the woman you have become!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable