First Visit with the OB

So yesterday we had our first appointment with the doctor. Her name is Dr. Fine and I picked her because she takes my insurance and her office is literally in walking distance from my house. I was poked and prodded and finally Dr. Fine proclaimed, "well, there's definitely something in there." There was no proclamation that the next leader of the free world was in there or the next Nobel prize winner was in there, but we'll take it. She gave both of us opportunities to ask questions and tried to calm my concerns. She seems relaxed, which is good for me.
The books say that your blood volume almost doubles during pregnancy and I think the purpose is really so that you will have enough for all the blood they want to draw. Not sure we had the best phlebotomist out there, but she got the job done and Aaron managed to live through it.
Now, we just need this little person to grow, grow, grow and wait for an appointment for an ultrasound!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable