... and I thought you just slept less after the baby came!

For the last week or two, Nat and I haven't been able to sleep through the night. I can't seem to fall asleep until after midnight. Meanwhile, Nat is ready for bed at about 7:30PM and wakes up at about three or four in the morning. Lucy doesn't know what to think... I think that she looks at us like we're crazy most of the time.

I stay up with a million things going through my mind, such as "Are we having a boy or a girl?" "What is the economy going to do?" "How do people with babies function with no sleep?". I also think about how I'm really blessed and live a charmed life. I hope that the baby has a life more blessed and charmed than mine. After an hour or so of thinking about these things, I try to pray about the future, and I just run out of words. I usually have to fall back to contemplating the Agnus Dei (Lamb of God) or Jesus Prayer.

Nat hasn't been sleeping because she's been having heartburn (one of those pregnancy symptoms) and even though firing up her maternal oven takes a lot out of her, she's so full of energy that she bounces right back (at four in the morning). I don't know how she keeps this up, we'll see if she continues to have this kind of bounce back around December.

As for poor Lucy, she's been very hyperactive lately. We've had workers at the house for the last two days repairing the guest room and bay windows, I think hearing them all day gets her agitated. That said, in the evenings, Lucy is even more affectionate than usual.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!