Check-Up

So today we went for a check-up. When the midwife came in she quickly started asking me if I had been feeling baby move, which I said no. Then, she asked if I had ever felt baby move and Aaron and I start exchanging glances and I say no. I am about to mention that all the books say it will probably be several weeks before I can feel movement when she realizes that the wrong chart is open and she is looking at the chart for someone 30 weeks along! My heart had almost stopped until she admitted her mistake and began apologizing profusely for scaring us like that!

She also checked for baby's heartbeat. This was another heart stopping moment for us because at first she couldn't pick it up. It turns out our little acrobat was hiding behind some of my organs. Our hearts melted when she picked up the sound and we heard that rapid thudding coming through! Some still believe that baby's heart rate is a way to tell the gender. Well, today sweet pea's heart rate was 145, which the old wives' tale would say is a girl. Research suggests that this is not an accurate way to predict, so don't go out and look for anything pink!

The midwife said everything looks great. Her only recommendation is that I keep drinking lots of water. I don't know how much more I can take, but I will try.

We are scheduled for another check-up and an ultrasound in 4 weeks and will hopefully learn sweet pea's gender then. For now we will just have to keep wondering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable