Getting Our Kicks

Neither of the kids had played on a soccer team, so we took advantage of the summer to let them give it a try. I found a league that practices and plays on Saturday mornings and the focus is on having fun and enjoying the game. I really thought that both kids would love it, but they are more lukewarm about it. They were really excited to shop for their shin guards and cleats, and they really look forward to the snacks after their game! Other than that, they aren't that thrilled. 

Oh well, we gave it a try. Maybe they will change their mind in the future. I will hand it to both of them because some kids on Charlie's team choose to just sit down and he stays in the game and Sarah Graves always plays in the broiling sun but she never gives up. I have felt some pride in that!





There is a playground right next to the fields where they play and that is the biggest thrill for both of them! This playground has a biplane type thing and 2 different types of monkey bars as well as a set of chin up bars. That is completely up SG's alley! There are slides and normal stuff too that Charlie likes. I would say time on the playground is the highlight of their experience!



We brought snack for after the game and this is what Sarah Graves and I made. I was pretty please with my Pinterest find.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable