Sunday's Adventure

We went into the weekend hoping that Chubby might want to come a few days early.  We have pretty much everything in place for him and feel as ready as we will ever be.  Clearly, he didn't share the idea.

We had a good day Saturday, but I could tell that Sarah Graves didn't feel quite like herself (a little more clingy and lethargic than usual) and she took a nap for over four hours!  Then, she woke during the night on Saturday night crying that her ear hurt.  We got her some Motrin and I laid down with her until she got back to sleep and she slept quite late on Sunday.

Not knowing what the week would hold, I wanted to get her looked at by the pediatrician, but we didn't want to miss her last Little Gym class either.  We hurried to her pediatrician who has hours on Sunday, but they are by appointment only.  So, we headed to a minute clinic in hopes of getting in and out before gym class.  They were super-speedy and really nice to her.  She had a double ear infection and they gave her an antibiotic.  We were out of there just in time to get to gym class and she was surprisingly energetic despite the now diagnosed ear infection.

Saturday night I started with a headache that was worse when I was laying down and it didn't improve Sunday, even after eating and drinking.  As the afternoon went on, I got a little nervous that maybe it was a symptom of a real problem and I should call the midwife to be sure.  She agreed that it sounded strange and warranted checking out.  She asked me to go to the hospital to L&D to have my blood pressure checked and to monitor Chubby.  I felt like we were being overly cautious, but didn't want to take a risk with Chubby's well-being.

We called on Lovie to come sit with Sarah Graves and headed down.  We had to wait for a while and finally were taken to triage.  Everyone kept responding as though I was in labor and secretly I wished I was, but knew that I wasn't.  As it turns out, my blood pressure is still low, Chubby's heart rate was nice and reactive, and I was having mild contractions every few minutes (I have been for a couple of weeks now).  I was relieved that all checked out fine and after an hour or so they discharged me and sent us home.

So we had a whirlwind of a day Sunday taking care of our medical issues!  Now if Chubby would just decide to get here already!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable