First Pediatrician Visit

Monday was Charlie's first visit to the pediatrician.  I really like that our pediatrician has a special entrance and waiting area for newborns.  Charlie handled the visit like a pro and was content the whole time.
Here are his current stats: weight is 8 pounds 11.5 ounces (81st percentile and almost back to his birth weight, which is pretty impressive for a breastfed baby); height is 21.25 inches (78th percentile); and head circumference is 14.25 (86th percentile).
We were concerned about the jaundice, but the pediatrician said he looked good and she didn't feel we even needed to check the billirubin level.  That was a relief to hear!
Saturday my milk started coming in and Sunday night I was miserable with so much milk.  It was making it difficult for Charlie to latch and causing me a lot of discomfort.  I felt like there must be something we needed to do to make it better, so I called our doula and asked if we could come by.  She is very gracious and had us over for a few hours to see how Charlie was nursing and help us perfect his position and latch given how swollen and sore everything was.  She gave me a few suggestions like leaning back to help slow the flow of milk and keep him from being overwhelmed by all of the milk!  She also showed me how to hold him better to keep him latched correctly.  I am so grateful that she spent the time with us and it was nice to sit and visit with her when I wasn't in labor!
We also took Charlie for his first visit to Dr. Laura, our chiropractor.  She said that Charlie was just a little misaligned on the right side and to watch that he doesn't continue to favor it.
I am so happy that we have multiple people for support and it has really taken some of the stress off of me this time around!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable