40 Weeks and 4 Days

Here we are 4 days past the estimated due date.  It's hard not to feel a little anxious that he may never get here.  I'm really not physically uncomfortable, but I am growing anxious to get things underway and see him.
Thursday, I went for acupuncture.  The acupuncture isn't painful and they use points in the hands, ankles, and lower back to try to stimulate the body to move everything downward.   That helped get things moving when we were waiting for Sarah Graves, so I had high expectations that the next day I would be in labor; no such luck.  I went into work as usual, but it is starting to wind down for me and it's hard to keep my mind off waiting for labor to start.
I had one more idea that a pregnancy massage might help me relax and let my body get things going.  I called and they had an opening during lunch.  I enjoyed the relaxing experience and wish massage were something I could do all the time, but still nothing seems to be moving.
We have tried eggplant parmesan from Scalini's, making the sauce used to make the renowned parmesan at Scalini's that is known to put women into labor, eating pineapple, walking, and using the evening primrose oil, but nothing seems to make contractions happen.
We know that he is head down and in a good position, so I just can't figure out what the hold up is.  I guess it just isn't something I can control, but have to wait for him to be ready.  Boy, my babies have a way of letting me know they are in charge from the very start!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable