Charlie's Room

This is Chubby's room from the doorway.  I am pleased with how it all came together.  I knew I wanted light blue walls, it just seemed like a peaceful color for a baby boy.  We loved all the monkey theme when we were expecting Sarah Graves and thought we would do that for a boy, but once it was time to decide, we were drawn to the fish.  





 We found the bedding and that started the whole theme




 Jeanne' had the idea to make this darling frame and have his monogram in it to personalize it.  The fish tails font is perfect for his theme!

We found this cute photo frame at a festival and just fell in love with it.  We can't wait for him to arrive so that we can put his picture in it!

I took this photo before we had the picture from Aunt Nay to put up.  
 We went to Etsy for a lot of the artwork in his room and couldn't resist this growth chart personalized with his name on it.
We found this neat fish at an art festival and thought it had the right character for the theme.  


We fell in love with these canvases.  

 Mom had the vision for these curtains and did the aplique to tie in the fish theme.  They turned out cuter than anything I had envisioned.
Then, she made the lamp shade to match and I just love it.  The table is something that I found about 10 years ago and I have repurposed it several times.  It was in Sarah Graves' room and then I painted it orange and it ties in great in Chubby's room.

This nursery was a true family effort.  Dad helped us paint it, Mom did the curtains and lamp shade, and Jeanne' made the personalized artwork over the crib.  Aaron and I repainted a few pieces and worked on the other details.  I am so anxious to show it to Charlie and spend a lot of time snuggling and nursing him in this room.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable