Sick Sweetie

We had a great holiday weekend and I have lots of pictures to post from that.
Tuesday morning, I woke SG for school to find she was warm and quite listless. The child who doesn't slow down or stop jumping wanted me to hold her and was content to lay on me for about 30 or 40 minutes before I just couldn't carry her anymore. I called Lovie and she came to our rescue so that I could go into work. SG's fever went a little higher and just after lunch we were headed to the pediatrician. SG had laid in bed watching TV and sleeping most of the morning and add a fever and I felt we had to get her seen just to be sure, especially with me headed out of town for work.
They tested her for strep, but that was negative, so it was likely she had a virus. The pediatrician immediately chalked it up to having recently started daycare. Yay!
I called our chiropractor, Dr. Laura, and made plans to get her in that evening. She adjusted SG and told us about a an elderberry extract supplement SG could take to help her immune system fight viruses now that she is exposed to more. They have to be 2 to take it, so she's the right age. We immediately went in search of that because there is dosing for maintenance and for when they are sick.
We put her to bed Tuesday night expecting her to be sick on Wednesday, but she woke up Wednesday morning fever free and chipper as usual! We kept her home for a while just to be sure she felt okay and by mid morning she was ready for school!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable