Tough Evening

Yesterday we had a tough evening at our house.  Wednesday evenings are always tiring for me because Aaron goes to his class at church and I have Sarah Graves on my own.  Our evening got off to a rough start when Sarah Graves threw up in the car on the ride home.  We think she gets car sick sometimes and looked so pitiful.  Aaron felt so bad for her, but they made it home.  After a bath and clean pjs she felt as good as new. 
She didn't stay interested in her dinner for long and wanted to get up and play while I finished.  While swinging her jacket around she knocked over a glass of water that went everywhere!  While I cleaned up the water, she decided she would help herself to one of her Easter cookies.  She couldn't really get it so she pulled the whole container off the counter.  By the time I got to her she was trying to rip the package open!
She enjoyed eating her cookie for a while until she decided her hands were sticky and needed to be washed.  That brought us into the powder room where she isn't quite tall enough to reach the sink and has to hang on it a bit.  When she hung on it last night, it pulled away from the wall a bit and one of the pipes that connects the sink to the wall came apart.  I was envisioning the worst when I heard water flowing out the back! 
I quickly got her out of there and brought her up to her room to wash her hands and get ready for bed.  That part went smoothly until it was time to turn on her sleep sheep.  Her sleep sheep makes soothing wave sounds that she falls asleep to each time, but the battery had died.  She was quite upset to hear that her sleep sheep broke.  Changing the batteries wasn't going to be quick and I wanted to check on the water situation downstairs.  I told her goodnight and that we would get the sheep fixed the next day. 
I headed downstairs and found that the water that came out was just the water that had been sitting in the pipe and nothing more.  That was a relief and could wait until Aaron got home.  I set out to work on the sleep sheep and put new batteries in it.  When I had it fixed I could still hear her in her bed, so I decided to bring it up to her.  When I walked in, she took her paci out and said, "Oh, tank you, BaBa."  That's when I loved her so much it hurt and the rest of our evening didn't matter.  She is such a sweet girl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable