Big Girl Panties

When I presented Sarah Graves with the wrapped present of big girl panties, I told her we were done with diapers and she was wearing big girl panties from now on.  I purchased an assortment of options and I thought I would mention my thoughts on each. 
 I purchased the Gerber cotton underpants and the plastic backed ones from Target and Wal-Mart.  These were definitely the least expensive.  The cotton ones are thicker or lined more than just a plain pair of panties, but they are not absorbent.  The plastic backed ones do hold a pee so that there isn't a puddle on the floor.  With both of these she immediately knows that she is wet.  The plastic backed ones definitely cut down on my frustration because there are fewer messes to clean up.  We bought some more of these today at Babies R Us.  The Gerber ones run really big and would be really awkward looking under clothing.  We have stuck with T-shirts while practicing at home, so it doesn't matter.  The Babies R Us brand fits more trim.  

I purchased several types of cloth trainers mostly because I didn't know which one would fit and work well for us.  All of these have the claim that the child will feel wet, but they will hold a full pee.  That is important for overnight and her car ride every day. 

 I purchased a Flip cloth trainer from Cotton Babies.  This trainer has a similar logic to the Flip diapers that I use when we are traveling, except this time I purchased cloth inserts instead of disposable inserts.  The inserts velcro in at both ends and I can add a microfiber insert that kept her dry all last night.  That was my hope for these so that we could avoid going back to diapers and confusing her, but wouldn't have the expectation that she be able to stay dry overnight.  This was $34.95, but you get 5 inserts and the outer cover is leak proof, so you can just wipe it out and add a new insert, thus it's like getting 5 pairs of trainers. 

 The Flip trainer is adjustable in the waist and the rise.  It has snaps down the sides both front and back so you can unsnap it to clean up poop messes.  That was a big selling point for me! 

 This is a GroVia trainer that I purchased from Amazon for $18.99.   This trainer is meant to hold a pee and it has space to add an additional insert (like the ones I use in her diapers) to add extra absorbency.  I like the stretchy sides that allow it to pull up and down much more like panties. 

It is also adjustable in the rise, but not the waist.  I ordered the 2T and it fits her well.  I wish they had cute colors but all I could find was beige and gray.  Kind of boring for a sweet girl.

 This is the inside of our Kissa's training pants by Kissaluv's.  I also purchased this one from Amazon for about $13.  The inside is really soft, fleece-type fabric and the outside is a waterproof type fabric and these do have pocket to add absorbency. 

The fit on these is not as customizable and this one leaked on her during a nap the other day.  I don't think the leak was lack of absorbency, but more the fit around the leg being loose. 

If I had a cloth diaper store near me, I would definitely purchase more of the Flip because the price and quality are both good.  I am hoping that by the time I could place an order and get more we won't be having an accident every 5 minutes and need to change so often. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable