Talking Girl

Sarah Graves is really using phrases more!  Last night she ran in the den and jumped on a chair shouting, "shark get me!"  I took the opportunity to rush over to her pretending to be a shark that was gobbling her up and giggles ensued!  I know we pointed out sharks at the aquarium, but I'm not sure where she learned that sharks are predators.  I love seeing her imagination.

Last night, I sneezed and she responded with, "bless you, baba."  This morning she sneezed in the car with Pops and he didn't respond.  She told him, "Pops, bless you, Sarah."  She knew that she wanted someone to say it to her. 

On Sunday I told her that we needed to get dressed for church and she looked at me and said, "No Baba, fish" meaning that she wanted to go back to the aquarium rather than church.  Once I affirmed that we were going to church and we would go to the aquarium another day she said, "play toys."  That's her church, playing with toys in the nursery!

Her new favorite phrase is, "no way, Jose."  I don't know what made me say it to her, but she thought it was funny and picked it up immediately. 

Her singing has to be the cutest.  She can sing the chorus to "Yes, Jesus loves me" and she can get through the beginning part of her ABCs.  She picks up the words to her Music Together songs so quickly.  Ms. Jennifer sang a song in music that isn't on our current CD and Sarah Graves just kept walking around singing one part over and over.  The part she was hooked on was a line that said momma hollers!  I looked for versions on itunes to download, but they weren't the same and when I played them for SG she would very quickly say no.  I talked Ms. Jennifer into ordering us a copy of the CD even though it is from a different session just so we could learn the words and sing more than momma hollers!

We don't have many pictures these days because she has decided that she is not interested in having her picture taken and actively turns her head from the camera!  Two-year-olds have their struggles, but they really are entertaining little people to be around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable