Sweet Pea's Name

We have had a name picked out for her for a while now, but I don't think that I have actually stated it on here.  Her name is going to be Sarah Graves.  Both names are family names.  Sarah was my great grandmother's first name even though she went by her middle name, Florence.  Graves is my grandmother's maiden name.  I have my great grandmother's maiden name, Trask, as my middle name and Sarah will have her great grandmother's maiden name as her middle name. 
I would like to call her Sarah Graves even when she's not in trouble :)  We'll see if that sticks or if we go with Sarah alone. 
This is one of the first girl names that we thought of and it just stuck.  I would throw others out there and Aaron would reject them.  Usually because he had known some girl years ago by that name and he wasn't impressed by her.  Fortunately for us, he hasn't met a Sarah that he didn't like.  He's never met a Sarah Graves, but we can't wait now!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Natalie - I'm honored that you would choose names from my grandmothers. I had the best grandmothers in the world and as you know I learned many lessons from them. I will try and can only hope to teach Sarah all of the things these strong women taught me. I know they are looking down and are so proud of the woman you have become. They loved you VERY much!
Love, Mom
Way to make me cry at work Mom, That was really sweet.
Nikki said…
ditto Aunt Tricia!!! I cried when I read the name because I knew it was from the grandmothers'!! Oh I just can't wait to meet her too!!
Anonymous said…
Don't feel like the Lone Rangers . . . I cried the entire time I was writing and finally had to go to the restroom to compose myself.

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!