Decisions, Decisions...

When we started looking at nursery furniture we also started checking out gliders.  First, we were a little surprised how expensive they can be.  Then, we were overwhelmed with all the choices.  We have sat in every glider in every baby store that we have visited.  Dutailier is the brand that is known for their gliders, but there were some others that we liked as well.  We quickly decided that we liked the look of the upholstered ones, but as you would guess, the thing we like is the more costly option.  The baby store where we ordered the furniture had some Dutailier chairs that we liked, but the nearly $1000 price tag was a little hard to accept.  I started checking for other places that might have deals on them. 
I found an online site that is offering last year’s model at quite a discount.  I was all ready to order until I figured out that they did not sell a matching ottoman for the chair.  Then, I got worried that the fabric that I saw and thought was tan, was described as gray.  This led to more searching, which led me to get concerned over the size of the chair for the space we have in the nursery. 
After spending a lot of time measuring the nursery and moving the furniture around to try different placement options, we settled on the original layout and I am now convinced that we have space for it.  Aaron thought we have space for the char all along, but was too nice to tell me to cool it and wait until we got the chair.  Once I was convinced we had space for it, we still had the dilemma of what fabric to select.  After much deliberation, Aaron and Mom both agreed that a yellow color would work well and be a color that we could continue to use after the chair isn’t needed in the nursery.  So, I made the big decision to order it online in yellow.  After making the decision we also had the pleasant news that Mom and Dad want to give us the chair as our baby gift!  What a sweet surprise!  I know that we will have many special times with her in that chair, so it will be a much used and appreciated gift.  Thanks Mom and Dad!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable