December Door Decorating

Charlie had a very specific idea for what he wanted on his door. He wanted snowballs with each kid's name on it and a snowman. I was worried that snowmen are more of  winter thing and not exactly Christmas, so I tried to add elements of Christmas to it. He was not pleased and that led to lots of big feelings and a really long morning of door decorating. I didn't quite get it that day, but his design idea has opened my eyes to how often you see a snowman as part of Christmas decor. He is always teaching me something!

We had to come back later in the week and get SG's door decorated. Her theme is "Light up the world with kindness." Each kid wrote a kind act they can do on their bulb. I think the kids were disappointed we didn't stick with our October and November theme of :Heaven's to Batsy!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable