We Have Glasses!

When we went to the eye doctor a few months ago, he told us to come back if we noticed her eye crossing.  Well, last week her teacher mentioned that her left eye had crossed a couple of times while she was doing a worksheet.  I did some things at home to see what happened and she complained that her eyes hurt.  We headed back to the eye doctor today and he agreed that her vision in her left eye is definitely worse than her right and she favors the right eye.  The suggestion was to wear glasses as much as we can for the next several months and recheck her to see if it improves.  
I started wearing glasses when I was a baby, so getting glasses is nothing new to me.  However, getting my preschooler to try them on is a bit of a different story.  She quickly decided she didn't want glasses and wasn't enthused about trying them on.  This was made more challenging by the fact that they just don't make many frames in her size.  Our eye doctor didn't have any her size and we went to three other stores before we found some that we liked.  Mom was with me, thank goodness, and I think she enjoyed watching me go through some of the same trials that she went through with me!  
SG's desire was for green glasses since her favorite color is green.  Unfortunately, they don't make many frames in green and the ones they had were mostly boy glasses.  Most of what we found was pink, purple, and neutral colors.  I went for fit and something that looked like a little girl and we found just the right pink ones!  
She is concerned about what her friends will think of her glasses.  I didn't realize the self conscious stuff started so early, but here we are.  The adults she has seen with them on have all been so positive and tell her how cute they look.  I sure hope her friends have similar reactions tomorrow!  We think she looks precious in everything and Charlie can't wait to get his hands (or mouth) on them!
It too us all day to get these glasses and now I'm pooped!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable