Shopping!

I have been refreshing my wardrobe and Aaron and the kids needed a few things, so we headed up to the outlet mall on last Saturday.  After a delightful lunch at Red Robin, we were ready to shop!
Charlie came home with a new sun hat and several pairs of new pajamas.  

Sissy came home with Cinderella shoes!   We went to Stride Rite to see about a sandal type shoe for school.  We had her foot measured and found out she had outgrown the baby shoes and was now in preschool girl shoes.  Aaron and I quickly realized that preschool girl shoes are a lot wilder than baby shoes.  She instantly honed in on these light up, sparkly, Cinderella beauties!  Aaron tried to talk her into a subdued pair of Hello Kitty mary janes, but she was beaming when she looked at the Cinderella shoes.  I couldn't bear to tell her that I wouldn't let her have them.  Her foot is narrow and these fit her well, so there was no real reason she couldn't have them.  I don't think I have ever seen her more proud than when she wore them out of the store!

I am trying really hard to let her be herself and put my taste aside.  She doesn't want to wear dresses, she only wants t-shirts now.  I have a lot of darling summer outfits for her that will be a struggle to get her to wear.  I had visions of how a little girl should look and I'm working on putting my vision aside so that she can be her own person.  It's a work in progress.

This is the style of shoe that I prefer to buy.  Preschool is a brave new world for me!

Aaron was a great help with both kids while I shopped and we all had a good day.  Anytime you can shop at a place with a big playground it has to be pretty good.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable