Happy Mardi Gras!

This time of year we are a little homesick knowing everyone is celebrating Mardi Gras and it is a day like any other here.  We try to make it more festive, but without a parade, it just isn't the same.  

This little guy is a funny monkey!


To make today a little special, this Mardi Gras Princess had breakfast with momma before going to school today.  While we were eating she was so sweet to tell me that she likes me a lot.  A little later she said, "I like this a lot, but I miss Char Char."  She melted my heart with that.  

To add to it, last night after she and I got out of the shower, we put on our pink bath robes and she was so proud that she tied the belt in a knot herself just like I had taught her.  Then, she told me, "Momma, you my best friend."  I would have given everything I own just to hear such sweet words.  It won't stay lie that, but memories of that sweetness will get me through the hard days.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!