Potty Power and Asthma


Sarah Graves is really growing up!  Last week she had potty power throughout the day for the entire week!  This feels like such a break through after months of working on using the potty for pooping!  We treated her to her favorite thing, Friday night at Costco!  Yep, you know you are married with kids when an exciting night out is getting pizza and ice cream and taking a stroll through Costco!  She loves doing it and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I do wish that whoever took the baby Jesus out of the manger would return it so that we could stop checking for it every time we go in there!  

Our fun Friday night out was followed by a trip to the pediatrician on Saturday morning.  She has had a cough with a wheeze since October 18th and I have been giving her breathing treatments for it since October 22nd (the dates are really to help me keep a record).  On Friday her cough was worse and she was starting to gag, so I felt like we had better get to the pediatrician before it got any worse.  They checked her lungs and she is clear, so no bronchitis or pneumonia.  The pediatrician said her asthma is flared up and put her on a steroid for 4 days and instructed us to do breathing treatments around the clock and gradually back off of them until we were back to twice a day.  It's not the getting up in the night that just about killed us, it's how hyped up the medicine makes her.  

Saturday night she was literally jumping up and down in her room at three a.m. because she just couldn't contain herself.  I felt terrible for her when she said she felt like bugs were crawling on her.  I called the pediatrician and they changed her from the albuterol to something a little different and now she just runs laps through the house!  Her teachers are going a little crazy trying to keep her engaged and from bouncing off the walls.  For an already active kid this is really hard.  We go back to the pediatrician tomorrow and I really hope we can come up with a new plan.  I am a little worried that she has had 2 flare ups sinceAugust.  If anyone has experience with controlling asthma, I would love to hear what worked for you.  I haven't had a lot of time to do my usual research on such an issue, but hope to soon.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!