Five Mornings

This week has been my first back to work since Charlie was born and I am pleased to say that we have all survived five mornings of our new routine.  The week was a little unusual because Lovie and Pops both had the stomach flu, so I had to come up with an alternate plan for Monday and Tuesday.
Monday, Jeanne' jumped in and babysat Charlie in the morning and I worked from home that afternoon.  Thank goodness for understanding managers!  On Tuesday, my mom's friend, Ms. Jacquie, volunteered to keep Charlie.  It really does take a village!  Charlie has handled the new transition beautifully.  He is eating pretty well from the bottle, sleeping some, and being as charming as possible for everyone.  Lovie has been happy to get him the last few mornings and is enjoying him "getting to know" her.
I have survived and think it's going okay.  Monday wasn't too hard because it was just a few hours and he didn't leave the house, but packing him up Tuesday was pretty hard.  I come into work with the constant feeling that I left something at home, and I did, my best buddy.  I did a few things this time to try to better prepare for the transition; one of those was having placenta pills to take at this time to give me a little boost, another was checking in with my colleagues at work to try to stay more connected, and I made a real effort to have some milk pumped well in advance.  The biggest help is that I now have the wisdom to know that no matter what, I am always their momma and will always hold that special place for them.  I think these things have helped it go smoother, but it is by no means easy to get used to the fast pace that we have to keep in the mornings and evenings and the little bit of time I get to have with each of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable