Letter Month Two

Dear Charlie,

Two months old and your bright smile lights up my world.  There is no greater feeling than seeing you break into a huge smile when I come into your line of sight.  You are cooing and starting to make all the cute baby noises.  You will even have "conversations" where you coo and wait for me to say something before you coo again.  It is just so sweet.
You are really your own person, just like I knew you would be.  You are soothed by being rocked and held close, but you do not like the swing.  The bouncy seat is a spot you like to be, especially if daddy will bounce it while it vibrates.  That's daddy's secret to help you calm down and fall asleep.
You are growing very quickly.  You wear a size six month clothes and have grown three inches since you were born.  It just amazes me and I have to say that I love the cute rolls on your thighs and arms and the dimples on your knees and elbows.  They are just precious; not to mention that I take a lot of pride knowing you are getting plenty to eat!
You still sleep most nights right next to me.  I try to put you in the center of the bed, but you just wiggle your way back close to me.  I love seeing your fuzzy little head next to me, so we'll just stay close like that for  a while.  Your daytime sleep is done best when I carry you in the Ergo.  You snuggle your head against me and seem quite content to sleep for two or three hours.  I love being able to look down and sniff your little head.  It is an intoxicating scent.
You are such a joy to us.  You were loved before we saw you, but having you in our family has brought so much more love to us all.  Your sissy loves to see you in the morning and we all love to give you kisses and see your sweet smile.  I hope you are always as joyful as you are now.  I am so grateful to know the joy of having you.

Love,
Momma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable