Allergies

Sarah Graves has struggled with seasonal allergies so that the pediatrician suggested we have her allergy tested.  We went yesterday to have it done and I must admit that I was a little anxious about it.  I was afraid it would be uncomfortable and I would really have to work to keep her happy during the test.  Instead, it was almost painless and she handled it like a rockstar, even when she wanted to itch and couldn't. 


As it turns out, she is allergic to quite a number of things, but it's a low level.  She has allergies to a number of trees including oak and maple as well as to dogs.  The recommendation is for us to move forward with allergy shots we would give at home three times a week for at least two years, but Aaron is nervous about it.  So, he will check into other alternatives to the allergy shots and I guess we will move forward.  I just can't stand the thought of her having more allergy situations where she coughs until she throws up or needs breathing treatments to reduce the tightness in her lungs.  There has to be more that we can do for her than just the zyrtec.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable