Check-Up

I only just found out that the pediatrician has started doing a well visit at 30 months.  We are a little past that, so I took Sarah Graves for hers yesterday.  She seems to be right about the middle for growth, 31 pounds and 6 ounces (58th percentile) and 37 inches tall (60th percentile).
Overall, the pediatrician said she is doing great.  She got shy and didn't want to show off her verbal skills like I would have hoped, but she talked a little.  Of course, she was happy to demonstrate over and over again what a climber she is!
The pediatrician checked her lungs and ears and said all was clear with those.  She agreed that the singulair and nasonex seemed like good choices to try and keep her clear more often.  She also mentioned that if we are using the albuterol frequently, we should come back for a steroid inhaler.
The pediatrician and I discussed it and she felt it would be best to give Sarah Graves her final Hib vaccine as that one protects against some of the bacteria that cause ear infections and such and it would be helpful to Charlie for her to build her immunity to those things.  She was a rockstar and barely even flinched when the nurse did it.  The pediatrician brought her Hello Kitty stickers and she got to pick a prize from the treasure chest.  We are a little off course with her vaccine schedule because we skipped the chicken pox vaccine and we need to get caught up with the last polio and first Hepatitis A.  I think that with Charlie going in so frequent in the next few months that I can probably get SG a little more caught up so that she is back on schedule.  I just don't want her to get a bunch of things at once and overwhelm her immune system.  
Mom went with me to take them both and I am glad that I had help!  It is hard work to have an appointment for both of them at the same time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable