New Diapers

I heard about these diapers through someone on facebook and I was anxious to try.  The maker of these diapers is in China, but I was intrigued by the cute patterns!  So, I ordered some for us.  
I did a little research on them before ordering and the biggest complaint was that they are a bit smaller than some other brands.  I agree that they are smaller than my Smartipants.  I notice it most in the length of the diaper.  SG wears the Smartipants snapped down one in the rise and this one I put on her with the rise completely unsnapped.  The waist has plenty of room for her, but she doesn't have the chubby baby tummy that some toddlers have. 

Check out these cute patterns!  I realize they are a little difficult to completely see.  The one on the top left is a Hello Kitty pattern, next to it is the outline of Mickey Mouse's head on hot pink, then there is a dark brown background with bright flowers, yellow with white polka-dots, yellow background with 2 shades of bright pink flowers, and a blue and white stripe.  I was so excited about these patterns and think they look so cute on her!
We just got them, so she has only worn them a couple of times, but so far, they seem to work fine.  I haven't tested just how absorbent they are and I don't plan to use them as an overnight diaper, but for daytime they are super-cute!
I recently read a blog post from the owner of Cotton Babies where I buy our Bum Genius diapers and she was responding to a question about why their diapers cost so much more than these.  She pointed out that diapers made outside the U.S. do not create jobs for Americans, they can be made cheaper because the treatment of workers and pay standards are not the same, and her main argument is that the diapers are not as well made and will not hold their value.  I do like the idea of buying things that were made in the U.S., so that people here have jobs.  I sort of see what she is saying about how well made the diapers are because I'm not sure that the microfiber on the inside of these diapers is as soft and smooth as our others (it's still soft, just maybe not suede feeling soft).  I am not concerned about my diapers holding their resale value because we use them all the time, they are meant to hold pee and poop, and I don't expect them to be pristine after 2+ years of wear.  I try to take care of them, but I don't agonize about it.  So for now, we are enjoying our new fun patterns! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Teenager!