Busy Weekend

We had a jam packed weekend!  Thursday night, SG and I started preparing for our weekend by making sugar cookies cut out in the shape of dog bones.  These cookies were requested for a co-worker's son's 3rd birthday party and I think they came out so cute!  SG was with me the whole time we mixed up the cookies because she wanted to be right on my hip.  Now she knows how to measure flour, crack an egg, and the joy that is all things containing sugar. 
In case you haven't made them before, cut out sugar cookies take some time.  So, I did the icing on Friday night.  The party was Saturday and the icing needed time to dry. 
I got the idea for these designs after looking at The Pioneer Woman's site.  I was pretty excited with how they turned out and it was surprisingly easy and fun.

Just after I finished the cookies, Aaron's good friend, Dustin, and his wife, Lorna arrived.  They stayed with us while they attended her cousin's wedding.  We stayed up late visiting and managed to grab some breakfast with them Saturday morning.  Sarah Graves was taken with Uncle
Dusty and showed him all her toys on Saturday morning!  We didn't think to pull out our camera at all, which is a bummer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable