Aunt Lexie's Wedding!

My friend and Sarah Graves' godmother, Alexis married Tim this past weekend.  It just so happens that Tim is the priest who baptized Sarah Graves.  We couldn't be happier for the two of them and we wouldn't have missed celebrating their happy occasion! 
Friday night we attended a rehearsal dinner for them and it was so much fun to catch up with some of my best friends from high school.  As it turns out, Jen and Melissa keep up with me by following the blog.  Hi guys!
At the rehearsal dinner, Sarah Graves adopted the groom's family as her own.  She just fell in love with some of the nieces and every time I looked up, she was joining their group and performing for them!  At least she doesn't have a lot of stranger anxiety!

The wedding was Saturday morning at Trinity with a reception at Alexis' Mom's house.  The wedding was at Trinity where Aaron and I were married and SG was baptized.  Alexis and I grew up going to that church, so I guess it is fitting that many special events happen there. It has been a few years since I went to her childhood home and it brings back many fun memories of sleepovers and being a teenager. 
The ceremony was a full eucharist so we knew that Sarah Graves couldn't sit still that long.  Tim arranged to have the church nursery open for us and my Maw Maw Yvonne and cousin Ryan came to look after Sarah Graves.  It worked out perfectly because she had a good time playing with Ryan and we enjoyed the ceremony without fear of having the shrieking toddler.  The ceremony was beautiful, so I'm glad that nothing disrupted it.

Some of my favorite teachers from high school were there and I was so happy to see them and introduce my sweet girl to them.  We snapped a picture with Ms. Oulton, my English teacher. 

The temperatures were quite warm, but we found a delightfully shady spot outside under one of the deep side porches. 
These are some of my good friends from Episcopal: Melissa, Jeremy, Alexis, Sherene, and Jen.  It's hard to believe that I have been knowing them more than half my life.  Boy, that makes me feel old!

Sarah Graves was in rare form climbing all over the place.

She just looked so precious all dressed up with the beautiful landscape around her!

She and Pops were checking out the leaves.


I am so happy for Alexis and Tim and hope that we have a chance to see them again soon.  Sarah Graves didn't have a godfather and we joke that her godmother went out and found one for her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable