Guarding sleep

Now that we have been using our sleep routine for over a week and have had great success, I find myself guarding her sleep. I never expected to be the parent who planned outings around naps and bedtime, but here I am. Our routine has worked so well that I am afraid to stray from it and possibly end up where we were before. On the other hand, I am usually flexible and don't regard sleep for myself that highly, so this is very different. Running to the grocery between naps or heading home the moment church lets out to make her nap time feels very rigid to me. I have made some exceptions, such as tomorrow we are going to the big consignment sale and it starts during her morning nap. We will get back on schedule for the afternoon nap.
I guess I am just that parent who rearranges plans around nap time and leaves early to make bedtime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Party Details

Cloth vs. Disposable